Via Jennette, with many thanks. According to the rules of this blog meme, after saying thank you, I must tell seven things about myself, and nominate seven other bloggers for y’all to discover and enjoy.
1) Though I do my best to react entertainingly when people irritate me for the fun of it, I actually don’t like it. I have four kids doing it all day, every day, and by noon most days, the hell has already been annoyed out of me. After my limit’s racked out, only my baby sister can get truly away with it.
2) My almost favourite thing in the world is positive sarcasm. In other words, making hilarious fun of bullhockey opinions, attitudes or events for the purpose of genuine enlightenment and education. But there are other things that are even prettier.
3) I adore roses. To me they are not a love flower, they are an everything flower. Yellow for friendship, white for whatever, just pass the roses so I can snort them and feel the happiness.
4) I like jewelry. Jewelry, unlike roses, is a love thing–very precious and preferably originating from my husband. Or family members. The earrings I wear every day are from my parents and I’ve had them for 20 years.
5) I have a pretty-shoe obsession. Fastest way to distract me: take me to the shoe store.
6) I think gestures towards other people are truly effective when they’re founded on listening to what others want and need. Sarcastic hilarity, roses, jewelry and shoes would not impress me on the basis of their assigned social value if I didn’t already like them. I also like recycled brick, railroad ties, trees and shrubs, floor tile, a good claw hammer, my one-ton truck, and being left alone for long periods. See what I mean?
7) My life lesson still to be learned: Standing up for my writing work the way I’m willing to stand up for others. Writer Cat is basically gentle and submissive, unless collecting on nonpayment. Editor Cat tolerates no crap, particularly if said poo is flung at clients or colleagues. Perhaps someday the twain shall meet and the universal balance shall be restored at last.
Alright, that’s that. And now, you who are about to die, salute me. I nominate:
- YA fantasy author Diane Graham – Your spunk and honesty is better than gourmet coffee for a pick-me-up.
- Fantasy author Benjamin Collier – your humor makes me laugh as few do.
- Christian theism and philosophy at The Areopagus – Versatility indeed: from philosophy and theology to sheer quirkiness. Win.
- Writing, laughing, living with Linda Yezak – you are SO much fun!
- The spiritual journal of Laurie Mathers – I love your thinking, I love your way of expressing.
- Life, unplugged, at Faith Returns Home – you are so beautiful and strong, my friend.
- Unschooling, geek life and gentle parenting with Heather Young – it’s good to have a fellow untraditional home. Also, dragons. Yay!
How to play: 1) Say thank you. Or, since it’s me you’re dealing with, say something socially unorthodox, like “Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!“. 2) Share seven things that will help people know you better. 3) Optional: Pick seven more bloggers you think others should know about, if you have time, inclination, and the kind of online friends who would like to receive a green icon with swirly handwriting and a flower on it.
Thanks again, Jennette. This may be my only post this week, but what good fun.